by Stephanie Partridge
Dogs have it going on. As we are starting the new year, I am becoming more reflective regarding how I live my life. I have decided that I will take some lessons from my dog. I wanted to pass them on to you – maybe you or your kids will be inspired.
1. My chihuahua’s best friends were a bulldog, a pit bull and a cat! Talk about embracing diversity!
2. It’s the little things that matter. A pat on the head and a hug are far better than a new collar or toy.
3. Sometimes a growl is all that it takes to get your point across. You very rarely have to actually bite.
4. There is nothing more important than food to eat, shelter from the weather and being with those who love you.
5. Protect and guard your loved ones at all costs.
6. Walking in the sunshine is an event to be anticipated and savored.
7. When you need a nap, take it.
8. Drink lots of water.
9. There is nothing so comforting as sleeping next to someone you love.
Stephanie Partridge: I am a mom, not just to my three terrific teenagers, but to the entire neighborhood! I am also blessed with a wonderful husband who married us all and moved into the dad role with an ease that is awe inspiring. We live in Baton Rouge, Louisiana with our three pit bulls, Chihuahua (who rules the house) and two cats. I am currently pursuing a psychology degree so that I can counsel young people and incorporate therapy dogs into my practice.
No part of this article may be copied or reproduced in any form without the express permission of More4Kids International © and All Rights Reserved