Whether or now you are a working mom, organizing your home can be a very daunting task.. Even if daily or weekend cleaning is your strong suit, it seems the harder you work, the more clutter you find, and the more out of control things can get, especially if you have children. Here are a few quick tips to help organize your home.
- If your [tag-self]children[/tag-self] attend school, prepare their lunches at night. This will save lots of time in the morning rush.
- Use a magnetic board; place it on your refrigerator, and list the food items you will need for your next shopping trip to the supermarket.
- Buy some jumbo storage boxes to organize your closet. Add some additional hangers that support more than one piece of clothing. Some of the home shopping clubs offer space saver hangars and storage units which are affordable, and can turn any closet into an efficient space-saving unit.
- Get rid of the piles of magazines, newspapers, and advertisements which have been accumulating in your home. Keep the current issues, and hire cheap skip bins in Perth to dispose the rest.
- Organize your kitchen cabinets, and line them with Con-Tact paper. Your cabinets will be easier to clean by simply using a damp sponge.
- Throw out anything outdated from your medicine cabinet. If you also have a bathroom cabinet, line it with Con-Tact as well, and re-arrange the items inside.
- Do you have jewelry scattered on top of your bedroom furniture. Purchase a jewelry box containing several drawers. You’ll never lose that earring again!
- Encourage your children to clean their rooms. Develop a reward system which will not only give them an incentive, but will teach them to be responsible for their clothes and [tag-tec]toys[/tag-tec]. Buy different colored storage boxes for their toys!
- Arrange all of your [tag-ice]cleaning supplies[/tag-ice] in a closet or basement. Use hooks to hang brooms, dusters, and mops. If you have a few shelves, place all of your cleaning detergents, light bulbs and other household items on them. This is not only a good organizational method, but you’ll find everything you need in one place.
- Buy a CD rack and place all of the scattered CDs into one space. Perhaps a unit combining CDs and DVDs would be more suitable.
When your home is organized, you not only feel better but seem to be able to accomplish more, right?