- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup buckwheat flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup canned unseasoned pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon orange peel
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- In a medium bowl combine the all-purpose flour, buckwheat flour, sugar, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, and baking soda.
- In another bowl combine the eggs, pumpkin, milk, oil, orange peel, and orange juice.
- Add the egg mixture all at once to the flour mixture. Stir just until moistened (batter will be lumpy).
- Spoon batter into the prepared muffin cups. Bake in a 400 degree oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until the muffins are light brown. Cool in muffin cups on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Remove from muffin cups; serve warm. Makes 12 muffins.
Ingredients and Directions
- 3 pints of grape juice
- 1 ½ pints of club soda
- Mix together the grape juice and club soda and pour into a large bowl or cauldron.
For that little bit of extra ghoulish quality, simply add:
- Grapes that will look like eyes floating in the punch.
- Apples diced in small chunks will float and resemble teeth.
- Rubber gloves filled with water tied off and frozen. Iced hands will keep punch cold and add a creepy touch to the punch.
Spooky Honey Popcorn Balls
- ½ cup honey
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 Tbs butter
- 5 cups popped popcorn
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Combine honey, sugar and 1 tablespoon butter in 2-quart microwave-safe container.
- Covered with plastic wrap and cook in your microwave for 5-1/2 to 7 minutes.
- Pour over warm popcorn and stir until popcorn is thoroughly coated.
- Let mixture sit until cool enough to touch
- Butter hands and shape popcorn into balls.
So what are your favorites? Scrool down to the bottom of this page and let us and everyone else know what goolish delights you plan on cooking up this year.