Ancestry.com Family Tree Maker 2010, the #1 selling family history software, can help you easily discover, organize and preserve your family history on your personal computer and share it in many creative ways. Once you’ve started your tree, you can add photos, video, audio and more. You can also create and print a variety of interactive maps, timelines, charts and reports. Family Tree Maker 2010 includes a one-month subscription to Ancestry.com the world’s largest online collection of family history resources, featuring over 7 billion historical records. Search for your ancestors and use what you discover in your tree.
Family Tree Maker makes it easy to discover your story, preserve your legacy and share your unique heritage as you explore your family tree on your personal computer. Family Tree Maker 2010 introduces even more rich storytelling and organization tools that can add new life to your family history.
Discover your story, preserve your legacy and share your unique heritage. Click to enlarge.
Once you've started your tree, you can add photos, video, audio and more. You can also create and print a variety of interactive maps, timelines, charts and reports. Family Tree Maker 2010 also includes a subscription to Ancestry.com--the world's largest online collection of family history resources, featuring more than 4 billion historical records. Search for your ancestors and use what you discover on Ancestry.com in your tree.
Family Tree Maker 2010 lets you easily:
- Organize your family story privately and conveniently on your personal computer.
- Create charts and reports in a variety of formats to share with friends and family.
- Discover new information anywhere on the web and add it to your tree instantly.
- Integrate with the 4 billion names in historical records on Ancestry.com. Even receive hints linking you to matching records.
- Incorporate photos, documents and audio, video and other files into your tree.
- View timelines and interactive maps.
Attach photos and rich media files that bring your family history to life in Media View.
Use dynamic maps to explore the places where your ancestors once lived in Places View.
Generate timelines that show your ancestors' lives in historical context.
What's new in Family Tree maker 2010?
- New tools and charts that help you tell a richer story
- Better ways to organize photos and other media
- Create slideshows from the images in your tree
- Family books made from your tree
- Standard source templates that help you reference the right information
- A view of your relation to everyone in your tree
- Extended family birthday calendars
- Images scanned directly into your tree
- Family migration paths over time
- Easy family tree download from Ancestry.com
And don't forget the features you've come to rely on:
- Dynamic user interface that lets you quickly switch between important features
- The ability to import data from other genealogy programs, including Personal Ancestral File
- Powerful sourcing tools that let you document AND rate each of your citations
- Interactive maps and lists that give you a bird's-eye view of where members of your family come from
- Place authority database of more than 3 million names that helps you standardize your place entries
- Photo AND file management features so you can easily incorporate all types of media files into your charts and reports
- Timelines that highlight personal, family and world events
- Easy-to-use tools for merging duplicate individuals, calculating dates, creating to-do lists and more
How can you make the most of Ancestry.com?
- Family Tree Maker 2010 comes with a subscription to Ancestry.com, the world's largest online collection of family history resources.
- Your software works seamlessly with Ancestry.com so you can easily search for your ancestors and add the information you discover to your tree.
- You could find missing facts about your family in census records, draft cards, passenger lists, image collections and other historical resources.
Use Ancestry.com and Family Tree Maker together. Get the most from both.
- Search the extensive record collections at Ancestry.com without ever leaving your family tree. Quickly merge new records you find into your tree.
- Take advantage of Ancestry Hints. Family Tree Maker automatically suggests records that may match people in your tree.
- Share heirloom-quality books and attractive posters that you create with the self-publishing tool at Ancestry.com.
Your Family Tree Maker 2010 Essentials software includes:
Interactive Training Tutorial for Family Tree Maker 2010 (included on Family Tree Maker disk)
- Get step-by-step instructions and tips that will help you easily build and grow your family tree.
The Getting Started Guide to Family Tree Maker
- Follow simple directions to begin a project and master the program's basic features
The Family Tree Maker Little Book of Answers
- Read short sections that will tell you how Family Tree Maker can work best for you.