Dale McGowan's popular and compassionate guide Parenting Beyond Belief was the first comprehensive book to offer a general philosophy of nonreligious parenting. Raising Freethinkers is a practical sequel, providing specific answers to common questions and more than 100 activities for parents and their children. Raising Freethinkers covers every topic nonreligious parents need to know to help their children with their own moral, intellectual, and emotional development, including sound advice on religious-extended-family issues, death and life, secular celebrations, wondering and questioning, and more. Here parents will discover practical and effective ways to:
- Help children achieve religious literacy without indoctrination
- Explore life's meaning and purpose
- Promote a healthy perspective on sexuality and body image
- Encourage ravenous curiosity
- Help kids come to terms with death and loss
- Find and create community
Complete with reviews of books, DVDs, curricula, educational toys, and online resources relevant to each chapter topic, Raising Freethinkers helps nonreligious parents raise their children with confidence.