And Baby Makes Four : Welcoming a Second Child into the Family
- List Price:
- Buy New: $3.49
as of 3/17/2018 19:49 EDT details
- You Save: $10.50 (75%)
- Sales Rank:1,767,402
- Languages:English (Published), English (Original Language), English (Unknown)
- Number Of Items:1
- Edition:English Language
- Shipping Weight (lbs):0.4
- Dimensions (in):5.3 x 0.5 x 8
- Publication Date:August 1, 1998
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- Baby Makes Four Welcoming a Second Child into the Family
Welcoming a Second Child into the Family
The joy and love that your first child has brought into your life is immeasurable, and now you're ready for another baby. You've been through pregnancy and childbirth before, but this time you have added responsibilities toward a little person who hasn't had that experience. And Baby Makes Four is written specifically to inform and support each member of the family as they meet the challenges that come with welcoming another child. Drawing on personal experience as well as advice from experts pediatricians, psychiatrists, obstetricians, midwives, parents and childbirth educators author Hilory Wagner provides a one-of-a-kind reference to guide parents through the many changes affecting their growing family
Practical guidelines for dealing with the physical and emotional differences in pregnancies.
- An indispensable source for preparing your child for a new baby.
- Fail-safe tactics for getting through the toughest times of pregnancy.
- Special activities to share with your child during the last few weeks of pregnancy.
- Tips for helping every member of the family assume their new role in the larger family.
- A mini-survival guide for understanding and defusing sibling jealousy and rivalry.
- A list of the best books for new siblings.
- AND MUCH MORE!
Done it once? Ready for another? How do you make the decision to have a second child, and what will that choice mean for your family? In And Baby Makes Four: Welcoming a Second Child into the Family, author and mother Hilory Wagner provides funny, friendly, helpful advice for parents considering--or already on their way to--having more than one child. Though small in stature, this book covers a lot of territory. Wagner raises the appropriate questions: Have I had enough time with my eldest? Won't a newborn shatter my firstborn's world as he knows it? When will he understand why I decided to have another? She also acknowledges the ambivalence many parents feel, even when the second pregnancy is planned. Other subjects include planning a sibling strategy; understanding rivalry issues; the father's role; lifting your child; bed rest with a toddler in the house; adopting a sibling; establishing a family birth plan (you can't just run off to the hospital when there's another child to consider); and managing two or more kids while sustaining your marriage. Wagner has clearly done her homework, offering numerous references to appropriate books and Web sites, and her suggestions for the best books for new siblings are well worth the cost of admission. --Ericka Lutz
Thankyou for visiting the More4kids Parenting Store