The Hyperactivity Hoax: How to Stop Drugging Your Child and Find Real Medical Help
- Buy New: $9.95
as of 5/24/2013 18:28 EDT details
- Sales Rank:1,644,420
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Media:Mass Market Paperback
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):0.3
- Dimensions (in):6.7 x 4.2 x 0.8
- Publication Date:October 15, 1999
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
Each year, millions of children take Ritalin, which means thousands of doctors are diagnosing them with hyperactivity or ADD. But what do these diagnoses mean? Are drugs the answer for these illnesses? And most importantly, is your child getting the proper treatment for his or her problem?
In The Hyperactivity Hoax, neuropsychiatrist Dr. Sydney Walker cogently explores the medical minefield of hyperactivity and helps parents arrive at safe, effective answers for their children, without unnecessarily drugging them with potentially dangerous mind-altering medicine. Included in his in-depth guide is:
* How to determine if your child needs medical help
* How to find a good doctor, a real diagnosis, and effective treatment
* How to assert yourself when talking to doctors and school officials
* How to evaluate both traditional and alternative approaches to treating hyperactivity and ADD
* And much more invaluable information in caring for your child's health.
A myth-shattering book no parent can afford to miss!
Thankyou for visiting the More4kids Parenting Store