Ah, the joys of parenting! It is the most wonderful job you will ever have. It is also the most frustrating, gross and exhausting. Take a break and enjoy a chuckle over these 50 ways that you know you’re a parent.
My kids are 15, 17 and 19 and they still freak out over number 29. Number 27 is one of my favorites too, gets me every time!
- You can’t remember the last time you were able to go in the bathroom, close the door and not be interrupted.
- You know the book “Goodnight Moon” – by heart.
- You have actually acquired a taste for strained peas.
- A full night’s sleep is a luxury – and something you haven’t had in so long you can’t even remember.
- It takes you two days to shave your legs: one leg one day and the other leg the next day.
- You have never been so frustrated and so in love with anyone in your life.
- You are at dinner with a friend, they spill something on their shirt and you reach into your bag and pull out baby wipes to clean up.
- You not only carry smiley face bandages with you, you also carry antibiotic ointment.
- You have at least one story of how your child cut their own hair.
- The three second rule isn’t set in stone, sometimes it’s five seconds, sometimes even more.
- You realize that you are now one of those annoying people who carries a “brag book” of photos of your kids and corners unsuspecting victims with “cute” stories about your offspring.
- Pregnancy and birth stories are interesting.
- You have traded in your silk, wool and cashmere for the more practical cotton and polyester.
- Baby talk is not reserved for just your children.
- You have stayed up till 1 am making cup cakes for an entire class of first graders.READ More on You Know You’re a Parent When…