The purpose of this compilation of parenting tips is to offer one place where you can find some of the best parenting tips that More4kids.info has to offer. While the tips have not been written by a medical expert or a child psychologists they have been written by a parents.
The key is to keep in mind that all children are unique and that there isn't only one parenting method or even one parenting method that will work for the same three kids in one household. We know based on experience that isn't true. The key is in knowing who your child is and the best way that they learn.
1) Think Before You Speak
2) Be a Positive Role Model
3) Listen, Catch and Redirect
4) Be Spontaneous and Affectionate
5) Provide Feedback that is Accurate and Positive
6) Foster a Safe and Loving Home Environment
7) Focus on Cooperation Over Competition
8) Pay attention to your child and what interests them
9) Stress the Behavior, not the child
10) Don't compare them with siblings or others. Each child is unique
11) Tell them very often how much you love them
12) Spend time with them doing what it is they want to do.
13) Listen to their point of view and help them achieve their goals.
14) Support their school work. Don't do it for them.
15) Get involved in their school
16) Encourage them to make friends, welcome their friends into your home
17) Help your child explore any hobbies or talents they have
18) Realize that tomorrow it will be Different. Ask yourself: Will it really matter tomorrow?
19) Master the Art of Compromise
20) Tell them you love them (don't assume they don't need to hear the words)
21) Lead by Example
22) Patience: Tell Them Everything Has Its Own Time
23) Patience: Explain to Them Why They Need to Wait
24) Set Goals with Them
25) Give Concrete Responses