Home » Topics » Parenting » Relocation during pregnancy!

Relocation during pregnancy!

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of amber amber 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of emli
    emli
    Participant

Hi all,
    My husband got a transfer to Canada. And in the coming month we are migrating. I’m 5 months pregnant and my husband is also busy with his office transfer works. So it is difficult for packing and relocation since I can’t manage things alone. I asked help from my friend and she suggested me to hire a moving service company.They help with packing and relocation. I’m just worried whether it would be safe to hire them. Whether our things would reach safely?

Kevin
    Keymaster

That is a great question. I have used several moving companies. Each situation is different. See if your husbands company will pay or recommend a company. Research, check with the better business bureau, check for complaints and also recommendations. See if they offer insurance and if you do use one try to take an inventory of everything. Should you have anything extremely valuable move those yourselves.

Profile photo of Alex
    Alex
    Participant

We used a moving company that charged per foot of space in a huge truck. They would put a dividing wall in between the various shared destinations. It wasn’t too expensive. They did have a breakdown and a one day delay in getting to us but other than that it was a good experience and they did load it for us.

Profile photo of amber
    amber
    Participant

I think that is a good idea. It would be safe too.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.