Home » Topics » Christian Parenting » Modeling Christ to Your Children

Modeling Christ to Your Children

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Matthew J. Elliott Matthew J. Elliott 6 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Alex
    Alex
    Participant

I think that one of the most important things in Christian parenting is to show undeserved grace. This does not mean letting everything go without correction, but it is important to show a favor that isn’t deserved. After all, if we believe that God basically said, “Hey, I am going to step on the stage of the world knowing that they will kill me when I tell them the truth, but I will show them my love by forgiving them all by their very act of my rejection”, then we should strive to model that love that makes provision to for-give (give ahead of time – plan to give love despite circumstances.) My 2 cents.

• This topic was modified 6 months, 2 weeks ago by Profile photo of Alex Alex.
    • This topic was modified 6 months, 2 weeks ago by Profile photo of Alex Alex.
    Profile photo of Matthew J. Elliott
    Matthew J. Elliott
    Participant

Alex, You are right in saying that parenting must involve grace. It can be very difficult sometimes with our three little ones to remember that they don’t understand the way to world works and the way they are suppose to act. Their still young but we do our best to help them understand what they can.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.