Home » Topics » Adoptive and Foster Parenting » A Success Story with Foster Parenting

A Success Story with Foster Parenting

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Shannon Serpette Shannon Serpette 6 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Shannon Serpette
    Shannon Serpette
    Participant

A good friend of mine is a foster parent. I always wondered how she managed to do it. She would welcome children into her home for a night or for a month and then have to say goodbye to them when they were moved around in the system.

Then James came into her life. He was brought to her as a baby, and she took care of him for months and months as his parent struggled to clean up her act. The idea of parting with him was tearing my friend apart after he had spent a year with him. She was the only parent he remembered at that point.

Luckily, it worked out for both of them. More than a year after he came into her life, she was able to adopt him. He gained three brothers and sisters, as well as parents who would do anything for him. It’s been years since he joined their family and they are so close-knit.

Although fostering was tough at times, I know she is so happy she did it because it has changed her life for the better and gave James a great home.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.